Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted for a while! You know how last time I told you about me playing all of the games before the new one comes out? Well I have now finished 9 of them! I have to get a couple of them from the library. My sister told me she might have Treasure in a Royal Tower somewhere in her room but I don't think she's had the time to look yet. I put that game, Haunted Carousel, and Shadow Ranch on hold at the library. I'm first in line for 8 and 10 but I'm EIGHTH on the list for 4!!!! That's insane!!! I have never seen that many people wanting a Nancy Drew game at the library! I have to give it to them though, they chose a really good one!

We have the official release date for Tomb of the Lost Queen (aka TMB)!!!! It comes out on May 8th and pre-orders start April 3rd!!!! I'm not promising to pre-order this one cuz the last couple of times I did that it didn't work out....

I don't believe I told you that I'm going vegan for lent! It's hard but all in all not that bad. I mostly eat apples and pasta but that is something I can live with! Haha!

Here is the next chapter in Shadow at the Water's Edge! This is chapter 24! We're probly gonna end up with like 50 chapters or something ridiculous like that. I guess that's what happens when you're trying to make the chapters short enough to post on your blog! Haha, enjoy! =D


Chapter 24

            After talking to Miwako I went to see Takae for another lesson.

            “Hello Nancy-san,” she greeted me as I sat down, “Today we will be learning Chado, the tea ceremony.”

            “Tea ceremony, what’s that?” I asked.

            “It is much more than just making tea. It is the perfect exercise of balance, and courteous friendship. Many spend their lives perfecting the ceremony, but today I will simply be teaching you the basics.”

            “Sounds great!”

            “ The tea ceremony is foremost a gift. You are preparing a very special visit for friends, and preparing to make certain every detail is perfect. Now there is a lot to learn, be ready. I’ll be asking you questions one I finish.”

            She told me about all the different items you use to serve tea. There was a lot of different stuff and afterwards she asked me to repeat what all of them were called. It took me a couple tries but I  got it eventually.

            “Wonderful, Nancy-san! I would be honored to be invited to take tea with you.”
           
            “Thank you!”

            Suddenly the lights flickered and went out! We both looked around and then we saw the silhouette of the shadowy figure that I had seen before! It walked past the room, outside. Takae gasped. When the lights turned back on I turned to her, to make sure she was ok.
                                                                                                                
            “Are you ok, and what was that?” I asked.

            “I am fine, why would I not be? What do you mean?”

            “I saw something, just minute ago. Something walked by the room outside.”

            “It was the wind, the power lines, and shadows. Nothing to worry about.”

            I decided to let it drop, “I guess so… goodbye.”

            “Good bye, Nancy-san.”

I was to lazy to proof read this beyond what my computer caught, hope it's ok.... =/

No comments:

Post a Comment