Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hi everyone! Sorry, I was really busy yesterday and didn't get any pictures of the snow and now it's mostly gone... Today I went over to my bro's to hang out with some friends, it was so much fun! We play Star Wars games, it was awesome!!! I loved it! Anyway... I just about killed my hand last night! I was helping my mom make these bookmarks that we're handing out a a dance coming up soon. Let me tell you, tying 75 bows HURTS!!!! My left hand hurt so bad last night! It's better today though, but I get to tie more bows! YAY!!!! (Sarcasm!! =P) So I'm done talking about Star Wars awesomeness and hurting hands... Enjoy chapter 17! =D


Chapter 1 7

            I left the room and as soon as I was in the hallway, I got a phone call.

            “Logan here,” he said.

            “Yes?”

            “Alright. Savannah wants me to translate that article for you. I don’t know what it was you said to her, but whatever you did to get her to talk about that paranormal garbage you need to knock it off!”

            “Excuse me? I can’t promise that.”

            “You really don’t get it, do you? This ghost stuff isn’t a joke, especially not to her. Since I’m the one left picking up the pieces after she gets to wrapped up in one of her cases, I’m telling you. Leave it alone for her sake, and yours,” he told me.

            “What happened to Savannah? Why doesn’t she work paranormal cases anymore?” I asked.

            “It’s not something she likes to talk about,” Logan said with a sigh.

            “I gathered that, but can you tell me?”

            “When we’re travelling, I spend weeks with her touring on buses, long plane flights, we talk a lot. I know everything about her childhood, her best friend’s dog’s name from when she was five, her favorite ice cream flavor, she’s very chatty.”

            “Then what has she told you about-“

            Logan cut me off, already knowing the end to my question, “Nothing, not a single word.
I’ve asked, and when I do, she just goes quiet and excuses herself. She’s never told me to stop bugging her about it, but I can tell that she wants to. That’s why I don’t want you bothering her about it either. Whatever happened when she was writing the second ghost book… it really got to her.”

            “Second ghost book?” I asked. This was the first I had heard of it.

            “Wasn’t supposed to mention that. It’s a secret, and it’s not done so don’t think you’re going to get your hands on it… I don’t even know if she still has the manuscript. She had me tell her publisher she burned it, but I don’t know if that’s the truth.”

            “Well, speaking of her books, I need a copy of the first ghost book she wrote. Could you help me out with that?”

            “Sure! Bookstores are a great start. Or the internet is helpful, but I’m more a brick and mortar person, honestly. I suppose you could also go the books on tape route – TV’s Ralston Popplers does an excellent job with the text… really makes it come alive,” he said, back to the guy who hung up on me… twice.

            “No, I meant, could you send me a copy?”

            “Oh! Nope, but thank you for asking.”

            “Have you finished translating that article yet?”

            “Just about, I’ll have it sent to you as soon as I finish.”

            “Thanks. Talk to you later.”
           
            “Goodbye,” he said and hung up.

Improvising... This is a pic that I took and edited myself. Thought it looked sorta spooky! (insert cute ghost smiley here) =D

No comments:

Post a Comment