Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hi here is chapter 13! I hope those of you who read yesterday's post enjoyed. I tied seeing what happens if I don't post a link to here on HerInteractive's page on Facebook. I didn't get as many views. Well, with that bit of research done I now know that I should always post links! haha! Any way, I'm trying something new with this chapter. I decided to write the dialogue myself instead of just copy it from the game. They say pretty much the same thing I just worded it a little different and I made a few changes that I thought would be fun! Let me know what you think! =D


Chapter 13
            
            After a long day of teaching, I decided to have a long night of investigating! I went and talked to Rentaro, it felt like it had been a while and I thought he might have some more information for me.
            
            “Hey,” he said as I walked into his shed in the garden. Something was different about it.
            
            “Hey. Is that the portrait from the lobby?” I asked finally realizing what had changed.
            
            “Yeah, I’m reframing it,” he told me, “although, it’s way harder than I thought it would be. It’s got a really strange backing.”
            
            “Could I take a look at it?”
            
            “Have at it, this thing is officially making me nuts! Everything you need is right there.”
            
            I took a look at the portrait; Rentaro was right, it did have a really strange backing. It had a big mess of wires and it looked like I had to make it so that none of them crosses. Yeah, that was fun. It took forever but I eventually figured it out.
            
            When I took the backing off, I found a couple of things that were very interesting. First, I found a ‘Certificate of Spirit Removal’ signed by Savannah Woodam. The Second thing was an article that would have been much more interesting if I could read Japanese. I noticed that it had the same picture on it as the portrait.
            
            I went back to talking to Rentaro. (He had congratulated me when I figured out that strange backing.)
            
            “Hi Rentaro!” I said, wanting to be the one to say hi first to someone around here.
            
            “Hi. Can I help you with something?”
            
            “I just have a few questions about the ryokan.”
            
            “Ask away,” he said. With an open invitation like that, I just couldn’t hold back.
            
            “Have seen this strange certificate before? I found it behind the portrait. Who’s Savannah Woodham?”
            
            “She was an… investigator. She helped with the investigation after Kasume died,” he told me, reluctantly. He was the one who said ‘ask away’…
            
            “What kind of investigator? This certificate seems a little less than official.”
            
            “She was a paranormal investigator – I don’t really believe in that stuff, personally. Takae was the one who wanted her here.”
            
            “Why did Takae want her here?”
            
            “I’ve known Takae since I was a kid, and let me tell you this from experience, it is impossible to guess what she’s thinking or why she does… what she does.
            
            “What do mean?”
            
            “I’m sure you’ll find out… if you stay that long.”
            
            “Can you translate this article for me?” I asked, handing him the article from behind the portrait.
            
            “Sure,” he said, but then he looked at what it was… “No! Put this back where you got it.” He gave it back to me and turned away. He didn’t really look like he wanted to talk so I left. As I walking away, my phone rang.
            
            “Nancy!” George said hurriedly, “operation distract Logan is a go! Call Savannah, gotta go!”

            Well, I guess I knew what I was going to do next.



I didn't have a picture set up for this chapter so I decided to post this. It's a picture of my pillow pets! Tomoya (He's the zebra!) and Mori (He's the Tiger!!) Both of their names are Japanese so it sort of fits.... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment