Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hi everyone! Again I'm sorry for not posting a chapter every day. I'm going to say now that I'm going to be really busy until at least the 27th of this month. I have tons of school stuff coming up and just tons of other stuff as well. Thank you for understanding! So before I move on to today's chapter, I want to tell you some exciting news! The abriviation for Nancy Drew 26: Tomb of the Lost Queen is TMB! Thanks to my friend Marissa (aka Future HeR Animator) for letting all of us Nancy Drew fans know that! She figured out a clever puzzle on the Amateur Sleuth Blog that I never would have gotten in a million years! Ok well... maybe in a million years... ANYWAY!!! (teehee!) It's snowing here again! It's so gorgeous! All the trees are covered in this light layer of frost and snow! I'll try and take some pictures and then I'll try and post them on here! Well, enough chit chat, time for chapter 16! In this chapter we have, what I think, is a very intriguing/funny conversation with Logan! Enjoy! =D


Chapter 16

            I grabbed an envelope and put the article in it to give to Miwako at the front desk.

            “Hi Miwako. Can I leave this envelope here to picked up? It’s for my friend Logan.” Logan wasn’t exactly my friend, but I guessed he was on my side now.

            “Sure,” she said, taking the envelope from me.
           
            “Thanks!” I said, then I thought of something important I should have told her, “I’m really sorry, the mirror in the baths broke. Something really strange happened before it broke though. I saw an image of a woman who wasn’t there with me.”

            “Don’t worry Nancy, I’m sure it was nothing. I’ll have Rentaro take care of it right away. Until please stay away. I don’t want you to get hurt,” she said. She obviously didn’t believe that I saw anything.
                                                                                                            
            “But I saw something, I’m sure of it!”

            “You work to hard Nancy-san. Up to late, off to teach so early. You must rest more. Your judgment suffers if you don’t get enough rest.”

            “I know what I saw!”

            “Nancy-san, please. I have to get back to work,” She said, turning away from me.

            I guessed that was the end of that conversation… I decided I’d go to see Takae and take another lesson. I walked into the room and there was a bunch of colored paper on the table. I sat down and Takae greeted me kindly.

            “Nancy-san. Today I have an important lesson. We will learn origami,” she told me.

            “Great, Let’s get started!”

            “Origami has been around in many forms for centuries. Master Yoshizawa brought back the art before it could disappear. There is a grave danger, Nancy-san, in forgetting. If the whole world forgets a thing, or a person, then it is gone forever.”
           
            “What do you mean by that?” I asked.

            “I have for you here, a selection of origami patterns a few steps away from the last step. You must simply match the pattern to the completed design,” she said, ignoring my question.

            I finished all of the origami. It was kind of fun and they were really cute!

            “They are perfect, absolutely perfect! You have many talents Nancy-san!” Takae praised me.

            “Thank you! We fixed the portrait, I think it’s back up in the lobby.” I hadn’t actually seen it but I figured that Rentaro would have already put it back up.

            “It is, yes.”

            “Rentaro tells me that’s it’s very important to you.”
           
            “Yes, it is very important to all of us.”
           
            “Why were you so upset when it fell?”

            “You would be upset if something you loved broke.”

            “There was more to it than that.”
           
            “No. That was all.”

            I figured I’d better go before I made Takae even more upset with me.

            “I’ll let you get back to the origami.”

            “Goodbye.”

            Well, I had managed to make two people mad at me and hadn’t learned anything. Great…


I wrote chapter 17 at the same time that I wrote this one and I almost posted them both! Tricky chapter 17... ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment