Monday, February 20, 2012

Hi everyone! This chapter is a good balance of the creepy feeling you get while playing this game and the laughter that comes from talking to Rentaro! This chapter and the next one will both be talking with Rentaro. Enjoy! =D


Chapter 22

            I went to bed, woke up and went to the school. After another long day of teaching, I went back to the ryokan and graded some papers. When that was done I called Bess and George.

            “Nancy! How’s it going?” said Bess and George together, in perfect harmony.

            “I’ve run into quite a few dead ends and was hoping you guys could help. Have you seen the robotic cats they have here?” I asked.

            “I love those!” exclaimed Bess, “I don’t know if they’re cute or creepy, but I love them anyway.”

            “Miwako has one, it’s cute… but it’s a little aggressive.”

            “It’s in guard mode. There’s a way to over ride that, some sort of code word or something,” George told me.

            “Right, I need to figure out what that is. Can you guys help?”

            “Hmm, I bet if I check around the expo I can find someone who knows.” Suggested George.

            “That would be amazing! Thanks!” I told them.

            “Anytime, need anything else?” they asked.

            “Nope, that’s it! Talk to you two later.”
           
            “Bye!”

            While Bess and George were working on that, I thought maybe I’d go and pay Rentaro a visit. He was the only one who wasn’t currently upset with me. Not that I knew of at least…

            “Hello,” He said to me as I walked into his shed.

            I hadn’t seen him in a while so there was a lot to talk about. “Thanks for repairing my screen. That was pretty embarrassing,” I told him.

            “No problem! Easy fix, just took a little steam to loosen the paper, little new glue – no one will ever be able to tell. Just don’t do it again, or at least wait until the paper cuts heal. Ugh, I think thinking about paper cuts is worse than getting them. Why did I bring it up?”

            “Do you know what happened to the mirror in the baths?”

            “Oh that thing… I sorta hit it a few years back and put a little hairline crack in it. It’s days have been numbered for a while.”

            “Sorry about breaking it.”

            “Oh no, don’t worry. I’m just glad you didn’t get hurt. Mirrors can be very dangerous when they’re breaking. In more ways than one.”

            “What do you mean?”

            “Oh, shards of glass and such. Not stuff to mess around with.”

            “Something weird happened… When I looked in the mirror, I didn’t see my reflection.”

            “Aha!” he exclaimed.
           
            “You know what happened?” I asked.
           
            “You’re a vampire! Seriously though, that’s pretty messed up. Maybe you need to get some more rest. This place might be getting to you.”

            “What do you think of Yumi?”

            “She’s pretty much the older sister you want to have. She’s cool, she’s adventurous, she’s a pain, but no matter what she’s got your back. Although MAN can she be bossy! I’m betting she’s already put you to work.”

            “A little…” I admitted.

            “That bossy thing is just her special way of saying – I am your boss now do what I say!”

            “So you grew up next door?”
           
            “My dad and I moved here when I was about seven.”

            “Why do you spend all your time here when you live just next door?”

            “Never got my room decorated right. Plus, this place has always been more fun, and Miwako’s here. And I have my work shop…”

            “Miwako seems a little frustrated lately.”
           
            “Why wouldn't she be… the way guests have been filing out. But maybe she’ll finally come to her senses and move to the city with me.”


This is my avatar for George! Btw, I'm not going to do color all the time... that was a mega fail. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment