Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hi! I'm sorry about not posting the past few days. I have just been so busy! On Saturday, I went shopping for a dress with my sister. On Sunday, I went to church and then my family had a bunch of friends over for the Super Bowl. Yesterday, I was busy doing school. Me and my parents have been talking a lot about high school. (I'm going into 9th grade.) Tonight we're going to a meeting at the school I want to go to. I'm kinda nervous and at the same time so excited!!! Anyways, I finally got the time to write chapter 15! In this chapter we finish our conversation with Savannah. Enjoy! =D


Chapter 15

            “What’s the story with your assistant, Logan?” I asked Savannah.

            “He’s like my own little Georgia bulldog! He can be a little aggressive sometimes, a little dopey others, but always loyal. He’s one of the good ones when you get down to it.” she replied.

            “How long has he been working for you?”

            “Not long, he started right before I switched my interests to tech reporting.”

            “Why did you change careers?”

            “It’s a long story, but chasings not the safest career there is, ain’t nothing shocking in that.”

            After hearing about her little ‘Georgia bulldog’ I decided to tell her what had gone here so far. “I saw really creepy shadowy figure on my balcony, do you think that could be faked?”

            “Course, nothing hard in that. It’s as easy as shadow puppets. All you need to be able to do is practice. In my experience, people like scaring people with shadows a lot more than ghosts do. Way I see it, if it’s something a person could plausibly do, then there’s a person behind it. If it’s something a person can’t do that’s scaring you… well, y’all don’t need me to finish that sentence,” she told me.

            “I think I ran across a trick mirror here.”

            “Did it break?”

            “Yeah, how did you know?”

            “That’s how you know it’s a trick. Y’all know what the difference between truth and illusion in my line of work is?” she asked me.

            “No, what’s that?”

            “Time. An illusion can only last so long before it gives up its secrets. Now I don’t know exactly how that mirror was fixed, but the fact that it broke means that whoever rigged it knew that if you examined it close enough you could figure it out.”

            Interesting… “So the mirror broke so that I couldn’t figure out how it was faked!”

            “Exactly. That is… if it was a trick. Nancy, I can tell you how things might be faked, but I can’t you if they were faked. You’re the one who has got to stand there and know how the room feels when these things happen.”

            I was about to say good-bye when I remembered something. “Can you help me translate an article I found? No one else is willing to.”

            “Sure, leave it at the counter and I’ll have Logan swing by and pick it up.”

            “Great! Thank you for all your help. Bye.”

            “Y’all stay safe now,” she said and hung up.

            So… everything that had happened so far could have been, and probably were, illusions. Interesting, very interesting….

Ah, the laughs that come from not having a picture to go with the theme of the words! haha! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment