Monday, February 13, 2012

Hi everyone! I think it's funny how I say that I'm not gonna be able to post very often and then I post everyday... Anyway, chapter 18 is certainly an interesting chapter... Something that I've wanted to happen for a long time finally happens! Then, something not so awesome happens. If you cry at the drop of a hat (like me) then you might want to have a tissue handy...


Chapter 18

            I headed up to my room so I could call Bess and George and see what they were up to. I went upstairs and was in the hallway when the lights started flickering. The lights turned back on and then all the doors, one by one, opened and slammed closed! The lights flickered again and it was all over. Or so I thought. I walked up to my room, number 24. When I got there the 2 on the door had fallen off! In Japan four is considered to be a very unlucky number, coincidence?

            I opened the door and walked in expecting something scary to happen. Nothing happened, everything looked the same. I guess my nerves were just a bit on edge… or a lot on edge. I sat down and called Bess and George.

            “Nancy! How’s it going?” chimed Bess.

            “I had another strange run in with the ‘ghost’ here,” I told them.

            “What happened this time?” asked George.
           
            “I was in the hallway, and one by one, the doors started to slam…”
           
            “Creepy. Just thinking about that, I’m not going to be able to get any sleep tonight. I’m not sure how you do it,” said Bess.

            “It is a little creepy, I’ll admit that. I just need to figure out how someone could do it.”

            “Good call. It could be easily automated… I think,” said George.

            “Well, I’ll let you two go,” I said.

            “Bye Nancy!” they both said as they hung up.
           
            Right then I got a text. It was another goofy picture of Yumi! I loved getting those! Then I got another text. I looked and found that it was actually a group of texts from Savannah. They said:

            “Last evening, officers responded to an emergency call from fifteen year old Shimizu Yumi after she found her mother Shimizu Kasumi, 42, who runs the Ryokan Hiei, lying unconscious in the indoor ryokan bath. After arriving, emergency crews were unable to revive the apparent drowning victim. Police are currently treating the case as a crime but have yet to press charges. If this is an accident-“ That’s, it. The article ends there. Logan.

            Wow… I thought. Yumi found her mother’s dead body. I couldn’t even begin to imagine what that was like. I thought that maybe it was time to go talk to Yumi. I didn’t want to bring up the past because I knew it would hurt her, but it had to be done to find out what was going on in the present…


IT's just a random picture I got off of Google. I  have no idea what it says...

No comments:

Post a Comment