Tuesday, January 31, 2012

First of all, SORRY!!!! This is so late! I usually post around noon or early afternoon! I'll try to write tomorrows chapter tonight... Second of all, this chapter is really long and the last chapter was really short. I know it's kind of weird but I don't like splitting up conversations and avoid it when I can. The next chapter might be something different from what I've been doing lately... It'll probably be a regular post (aka me rambling on about pointless stuff, haha!)/ something kind of fun that goes along with my story! (It's my way of getting all of you people who are only here to read the story to come back even when I don't post a new chapter! *insert evil laugh here*) And, in this chapter I made Nancy really, really like pink... kinda like me! Haha! I just couldn't resist! Anyway, as usual, I hope you enjoy today's chapter! =D



Chapter 12
            
           After my bath I looked around a little. They had some baskets for people to put their clothes in. Most of the stuff in there that people had lost were just random things but I did find a couple objects looked useful. I found a little card that a picture of some animals on it. I would have to ask someone what it was for later. I also found a list of common superstitions in Japan.
           
           I went up to my room, laid down on my bed and tried to get to sleep. I thought about all that had happened. All of it was pretty freaky. Thinking about the case didn’t make it any easier to sleep. Since I couldn’t sleep I decided to call Savannah, the ghost hunter.
           
           When the phone was answered I was surprised to hear a man’s voice, “Savannah Woodham’s office. Logan speaking.”
           
            “Can I speak to Savannah Woodham please?” I asked him.
            
            “Are you one of interviews?”
            
            “Interviews?”
            
            “I’m Savannah Woodham’s assistant. Is she interviewing you, about the expo?”
            
            “No, actually I wanted to talk to Savannah about a book she wrote,” I told him.
            
            “Oh, great! I’m so glad you called.”
            
            “Really, why’s that?”
            
            
            “It’s been like three days since I’ve gotten to hang up on someone. I wonder if I’m still good at it.”
            
            *click*
            
            He had just hung up on me! I couldn’t believe it. I dialed the number again.
            
            “Logan speaking,” he answered.
            
            “Did you just hang up on me?” I asked, very upset.
            
            “Oh absolutely. Just between you and me, it was awesome. In fact-“
            
            *click*
            
            I just sat there in a slight shock. I couldn’t believe someone had just hung up on me like that - twice! Well, the first call hadn’t been a total waste. I had learned that Savannah Woodham was actually here in Japan, at the expo. There was only one thing to do – call Bess and George!
            
            
            “Nancy, what’s up?” asked George.
            
            “Not much, I’ll tell you in a minute. How’s Kyoto?”
            
           “It’s the best! Yumi’s been showing me some of the coolest parts of town. The fashion sense here is crazy! Yumi took me to a store – I don’t even know how to describe this place… it was pink! Really, really pink! It had the pink version of everything you could imagine!” Bess told me.
           
            “Wow that sounds awesome! I wish I had gone shopping with you guys!”
            
           “I was horrified,” said George, “But then she took us to the Gion district – so cool! She was a little grumpy that we wanted to see some traditional plays, but I think she had fun anyway.”
           
            “Sounds fun! How’s the expo going, George?”
            
           “It’s crazy! I’ve never seen so many clever people in one space – I’m defiantly dealing with a little bit of that small fish, large pond anxiety. I’m still trying to get tickets for you, but it’s not looking good,” she replied.
           
            “That’s ok, thanks for tying,” I told her, “What do you guys think of Yumi?”
            
            “She’s so much fun, a little pushy sometimes, but I feel like we’ve known each other for years, and we just met,” said Bess.
            
            “She seems to really dislike the ryokan. Do you think she’d want to see it closed down?” I asked.
            
            “Well… I can’t say for sure. She does really seem to resent that place. But I’m not sure if she’d go as far as to see it shut down… I just don’t know,” said George.
            
            “I found this strange book about ghosts in Yumi’s apartment with a note from the author.”
            
            “What do you mean?” asked Bess.
            
            
            “It had a dedication from the author, Savannah Woodham, to the Shumizu family, but the really weird thing is, there’s a chapter missing.”
            
            “What was in the missing chapter? Nope, strike that. That is a dumb question,” said George.
            
            “That’s pretty strange. Maybe you can find another copy of the book somewhere,” suggested Bess.
            
            “There’s a business card with the authors number inside, but more importantly, the table of contents says the missing chapter was about the ryokan,” I told them.
            
            “Weird! Did you call?” asked Bess.
            
            “I called Savannah, but she’s got a really protective assistant.”
            
            “Yeah?” asked Bess.
            
            “Apparently she’s in Kyoto now, covering the expo for some tech magazine, so she’s pretty busy. If I could get past her assistant, I could finally figure out what this whole book is about.”
            
            “Wait, so this guy is at the expo?”asked George
            
            “Pretty sure.”
            
            “Then we’ve got this one!” said George
            
            “We do?” asked Bess
            “Yup. We’re going to find them, and you are going to flirt up a distraction,” said George, sounding excited about this.
            
            “I am?” asked Bess.
            
            “Yes. You are,” George told her.
            
            “Well, at the very least this will be interesting,” said Bess.
            
            “And if it’s a mortifying failure or anything – which it might be, we do live thousands of miles away!” said George.
            
            “Solid point, we’ll keep you updated, Nancy,” said Bess, sounded a little excited herself now too.
            
            “Thanks!” I told them, “I looked in this mirror, and instead of seeing my reflection, I saw a ghostly image.”
            
            “Ugh, creepy!” said Bess.
            
            “Cool!” said George.
            
            “… Actually, I’m gonna side with Bess on this one.”
            
            “No! I’ve heard of stuff like this before. There’s a thing you can do with glass to throw a false image… but it’s a really fussy process, it’s hard to do without breaking the mirror,” George told me.
            
            “Yeah! The mirror broke… so do you think it’s possible it was rigged?”
            
            “More possible than the other option…” said George.
            
            Knowing that Bess and George were working on the thing with Logan I could finally get some sleep, but thanks to that mirror trick it wasn't much…

A pink store! If you look real close you can see the Hello Kitty logo on one of the shirts! I love Hello Kitty!!! Haha! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment