Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hi! Sorry, I usually post earlier. This is the second of three Yumi chapters in a row! This chapter is interesting cuz we go to her apartment. It's a very interesting place where we find some interesting stuff... The pic at the end of this chapter is a picture of the Gothic Lolita type. I was trying to explain that to my mom cuz I think I would look good in the many different Lolita styles. She didn't really get it but I decided that since yesterday I posted a picture of regular Lolita (to show what Yumi looks like)  I  would show it's darker, but still fashionable sister! Enjoy! =D


Chapter 9
            
            I unlocked the door to Yumi’s apartment and went in. If I had to use two words to describe the place, they would be: pink and awesome! She had pink blankets, pink curtains, pink outfits, and a pink teddy bear! I loved it!
            
            My phone rang, I had gotten a  text massage. It was a picture of Yumi and Bess. Cool!
            
            I found the bento boxes and then thought I would take this opportunity to look around a bit. She had a couple of flowerpots that looked like frogs, one of which had a secret compartment in the bottom of it. I didn’t has the code so, sadly, I couldn’t open it. I’d have to be sure and come back to that some time.
            
            I looked around in her closet and found a DVD without a label. I went over to her computer and played the disc. What was on it was very interesting…
            
            It had a lot of static but occasionally this… thing showed up. I didn’t know what it was! It looked kind of like a girl but it was very creepy.
            
            I left Yumi’s apartment and headed back to Matsue to give her the bento boxes and get a little information.
            
           “Nancy! And you’ve got my boxes, neat! Here, I’ve got a thing for you.”

She put something on the counter that looked like a little onigiri.

“ It’s a phone charm, you can’t not have one,” she told me.

Thanks! What’s it do?” I asked.

“Come to think of it, it doesn’t really do anything. Get a job, phone charm! It probably won’t. That’s okay, just hang it on your phone. I’ve got tons. Help me out with bento and I’ll hook you up with some super cute ones!”

I liked the phone charm and was excited to help with bento to get some more, but that would have to wait. At that moment, it was time for ‘Operation Get Info From My Best Bud, Yumi!’ I decided I would start with the stuff I was fairly certain wouldn’t make her upset.

“Loved that last picture of you and Bess!” I said.

“I know, isn’t that one great!”

“Your outfit is very interesting, where did you get it?” I asked.

“Get it? Oh, you cannot get something this cool at a store. I made it.” She told me.

“You make your own clothes?”

“Yeah, I got sick of waiting for the boutiques to catch up with me. The places I go around here, fashion is the business, you don’t show up looking out of date. Oh! I've got the best thing, you gotta have it! I use it to come up with all of my ideas!”

“What’s that?”

“It’s a program for your phone – you upload pictures to your computer and send them to your phone. It lets you test out a new look for you or your friends. It’s back at my place, on the computer.”

“Sounds great! I don’t usually have time to keep up with the latest fashion trends…”

“I could sorta tell, but I wasn’t sure if you were going for an irony thing with your outfit.”

“Hey!” I said, insulted.

“Just teasing! You pull off the old school thing Nancy Drew, some things don’t go out of style. If you help me out with just a little more bento right now, I’ll hook you up with the program! C’mon!”

Suddenly I was making more bento for Yumi. Oh well, it was really cute and fun to make so, I didn’t really mind!
            
             Great job! Here ya go Nancy,” said Yumi, while handing me a piece of paper. It had the password to the program on her computer on it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment