Sunday, January 22, 2012

Here is chapter 3 of Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge! YAY!!! In this chapter we an entertaining conversation with Bess and George, grade some papers (I don't go into detail with that. I'm saving that for something special! ;D), and meet Rentaro! Enjoy! =D

Chapter 3
            As I was walking up to my room I heard a meow. At first I thought a real cat had somehow gotten in when I realized it was my phone.
           
            “Hello,” I said.
            
            “Nancy! You made it! How was your ride?” asked Bess, my cousin and (occasional) fellow sleuth.
            
            “It was pretty good-“ I answered only to be cut off by Bess.
            
             “I love Japan! I have done so much shopping – and George’s convention is crazy! I’ve never seen so many people! It’s totally packed.”
            
            “You sound pretty excited.”
            
            “Well yeah. Kinda hard not to be here. I don’t even know where to start – have you ever had mocha? It’s a revelation, Nancy. I’m not even kidding. And the shopping-“
            
            “Conference me in already,” said my other cousin George. She is another one of my (occasional) fellow sleuth.
            
            There was then a whole lot of arguing and beeping until I finally heard George say, “We all on?”

 “Yes,” I replied.

“Yup. Why is that so hard?” asked Bess.

“It so isn’t,” retorted George.

“Anyway – what’s your story? What are you up to? You coming over?” asked Bess.

“I’m still getting settled in, but I’ll be out to see you guys soon.” I replied.

“How’s the… whatever it is you’re staying at?” queried George.

“Ryokan. It’s great. A little strange, though. When I was checking in, a picture fell off the wall, and everyone was REALLY weird about it,” I explained.

“Huh. Oh no, our train’s gonna be here in a sec – gotta go!” said George before we could talk about it anymore.

“See ya, Nancy!” exclaimed Bess before she hung up.

“Bye!” I managed to say right before the click.

I went up to my room and looked around a bit. The room was small but nice. It had a couple of closets. One had my luggage in it and the other had some extra blankets. There was a balcony that looked over the gardens, which were beautiful!

I decided to sort through my luggage and see if anything in there that I needed. It was a good thing I checked because I found my Japanese/English dictionary. Then I decided to, since I was there, grade some papers. Some of the kids were struggling but all of them were doing fairly well.

Well after a crazy night like this I thought a nice hot bath sounded really nice. I headed downstairs to the baths but when I went to go in a boy came out!

“Whoa! Hang on. Men only right now,” He said while putting down the toolbox he was carrying.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“The baths, the blue banner means the baths are for men. The red banner means women only. I don’t know why we don’t mention this at the front desk, this is useful information,” He explained, “Anyway, I’m Rentaro. I’m out in the garden if you need anything.”

He picked up his tool box and started to walk away. Then he tripped.

“Whoops! Ow, that hurt…” He muttered.

Well, I guess the bath will have to wait until tomorrow night. Knowing what happens when I travel, I’m sure things will still be crazy then…


No comments:

Post a Comment