Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hi! So, we're up to chapter 5 already! We still haven't really done much in the story but it's still pretty cool! Lately, as I've been rereading my posts I've noticed a lot of weird typos.... oh well! Already posted them! haha! Well, Enjoy! =D


Chapter 5

I went out into the gardens and, before I could explore much, I found a shed. I quessed that was probably were Rentaro was so I went in.

“Hi again,” He greeted me when I walked in, “ I’m Rentaro, it’s to meet you officially. So, um you’re still here. That’s surprising.”

“I’m Nancy – what do you mean… surprising?” I asked, curious.

“Did I say that? Whoops! So you’re American? From New York City?” He asked.

“No – a place called River Heights. It’s in-“

“Oh. Okay. That’s one of the places I always wanted to go. I mean, you’d have to be crazy to live there… but on the other hand you’d have to be crazy not to live there! It’s one of those unwinnables.” He sort of explained, cutting me off…

“Do you work here?” I asked… to change the subject.

“Technically. It’s a complicated thing we’ve got going on. I’m sort of like the handy man around here. So – should I bother getting to know you, or are you going to be like all of the rest?”

“What do all of the rest do?” I assed hesitantly.

“Get spooked in the middle of the night, pack their bags and never come back. Even the ones who come looking for the ghosts,” He gasped.” I shouldn’t be telling you this! Oh well, already did. If you see Takae though, this conversation never happened,” He told me.

“Ghosts? What ghosts?” I asked, was I finally going to find out some of what was going on here?

“We got one of those, haunted hot spot guides. So we get a lot of ‘ghost hunters’ here. And that’s always a treat, because they’re totally not obnoxious.” He said, the last part with HEAVY sarcasm.

“So people think this place is haunted?”

"Well, some people think this place is haunted. Kind of like some people think the moon landing was faked, and some people like Adult Contemporary. Don’t be one of those people. Do you like puzzles?” He asked. (And yet again someone changes the subject! There’s going to be a lot of that…)

“I guess you could say that.”

“I figured. You’re going to love this. It’s called a nonogram.”

“What’s that?”

“It’s just another example of how awesome numbers are! Letters are cool and all, but they just make words – I mean, get with the game letters! Numbers on the other hand, get a few handfulls of those and you can make a bridge, or send a person into space, or express the makeup of our genetic code, or, or – They can make a neat picture!”

“okay…” I said, totally weirded out.

“Take a look in here. All you need to do is look this over and finish the pattern, and when you’re done – picture! Here, take this – give it a shot. Bring it back when you’re done and I’ll give you something better!” He said, while handing me a book

“Sure,” I took the book, it looked like a fun puzzle book!

“There are instructions inside in case you get stuck,” He let me know.

“Thanks. Well, I’ll let you get back to work.”

“See you later!” he said.

I walked away, still not completely sure what just happened…


No comments:

Post a Comment