Wednesday, June 8, 2011

HER Interactive, this is for you.

I am currently in a "battle" with HER Interactive. (Whether they know it or not I'm not sure. haha!) They have decided not to release a demo or mini game (and apparently character profiles!) for The Captive Curse. I personally think this is a huge mistake on their part.

A DEMO of a game is like a sample at an ice cream shop!  You're not sure whether you'll like the raspberry mango gelato so you get a taste of it. If you like it the shop makes a sale, if you didn't you try another or maybe you just leave. HER I'm saying that you could make more sales because curiosity might get the best of the customer or you could lose sales because the customer might say "If I can't taste it then I don't want to waste my money on it." or "I'll just go to someone else."

On to the next point MINI GAME. A mini game is for someone who just wants the tinniest bit of a sip of this miraculous soda. (Really on a junk food high here, huh!) They don't even want to know what it tastes like, they just want something because they are thirsty! They want to know that there is something there to quench they're thirst when they come home. They want reassurance!

3rd point! CHARACTER PROFILES! When you go to a restaurant you look at the menu, the different delectable dishes there before you order. You don't just walk in and say "I want fettuccine alfredo  and a coke." You don't go to solve a mystery without learning at least the tinniest bit about your suspects! You want to know what you're eating, who you're dealing with.

I heard the reason you didn't provide these pieces of the puzzle is because some people thought the demos give away to much. First of all, there was nothing about the others in that complaint, just the demo. Second of all, no one is forcing anyone to download the demo, play the mini game, and read the character profiles. I posted a much shorter version of this on Face Book and some one commented, and I quote, "I completely agree! I'm not excited for CAP anymore. I feel like we are being punished for some reason" Do you want your customers, the Nancy Drew fans, to feel this way? I don't want you to feel like I'm trying to offend you or blackmail you or anything but this makes me sad and upset because I have been a Nancy Drew fan all my life and I look forward to these things as soon as I see the trailer at the end one of the games. I hope that you read this and reconsider your decision.

Sincerly,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment